Sow for yourself righteousness, reap the fruit of steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that He may come and rain salvation upon you (Hosea 10:12).

zondag 16 juni 2013

I am a bird

I
I am
I am a bird

a strange
bird indeed
with blind
eyes a longing
soul and a
bleeding
heart

I am
rooted deep
down in the earth
with its fragile 
beauty
the wonderful
human love
and the uncovered
brokenness
of being

but
it surely
can not
hold me
when I
wrestle
to fly higher
than the level
of each day

I am
desperately
longing
for the air
of freedom
and the light
of truth

I am
trying
to reach
for the source
of existence
the meaning
of life
and the depths
of imagination

but
while struggling
like this
I can burn
my wings
on lights
too big
and overwhelming
or I might be
swallowed up
by the shadows
of lonely nights

when 
I think
I can hold on
to anything
it always 
disappears
in passing clouds
of vapor

and I can be
driven away
by the idle winds
of philosophy

so
I am
a bird
indeed
but not
as free
as I
wished
to be

earth
can not
hold me
and heaven
I can not
reach

that is
why I
in the distance
of the desert
keep on
longing
for this far
and eternal
song of hope
whispering
with tender wings
of meaningful words
and the delicate
music of 
a silent prayer

and I will 
surely
wait
for
as long
as it takes
that all things
unseen
will be 
revealed
in full glory
and eternal
freedom

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten