Sow for yourself righteousness, reap the fruit of steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that He may come and rain salvation upon you (Hosea 10:12).

dinsdag 12 november 2013

How can I ...

how
can I
convince
and persuade
you

when I
am seeing
everywhere
what you
cannot find
anywhere

it is
impossible
to explain
the mysterie
of grace

I can
only
try
to catch
the light
of every
newborn day
and try
to fold it
in a temporary
picture

I can
only
listen
to the wind
and whisper
hidden words
and transform
them careful
into futile 
forms

I can
only
try to sing
a healing
song
from the bottom
of my yearning
heart
to the stars
never 
to be
reached

I can
only
pray
for a little bit
of colour
in the greyness
of your
everyday
life

I can 
only
try to soothe
your worries
give you
comfort
with the tiny
drops
of healing
rain I 
first
received
from heaven

I can
only
sit beside
you
listen
to your beating
heart
in silence

together
passing through
the deepest
darkness
of your night

1 opmerking: