Sow for yourself righteousness, reap the fruit of steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that He may come and rain salvation upon you (Hosea 10:12).

zondag 29 april 2018

What if the light is getting low?

What if the body is not strong any more?
What if the mind is overwhelmed by the heart?
What if restlessness is becoming permanent?
What if the sleep will be found that has been lost before?
What if the eyes have seen too much?
What if the light is getting low?

Wait than.
Wait for me.
Long and with strong perseverance.
Have patience.
Take time.

Love me with your soft eyes.
Smile to me with you wrinkles.
Hold my hand.
Stay strong, stay firm.
Have faith.

Be with me.
Stay next to me.
Breath by breath.
Stroke by stroke.
What if the mouth cannot tell what the heart is feeling?
What if the words are no longer coming by as sheep?
What if I could not tell you what I never could before?
What if silence is overwhelming too much?

Would you than sing me a song?
A soft, sad song, but with hope in the words?
And a longing within?
That overwhelms the silent sadness?

What if time is flying away?
What if the body is sowed in darkness?
What if the sacred seed is slowly growing towards eternal light?
What if the sadness is all left behind?

Would you recognize me?
Would you feel my heart?

Would you let me go?
And wait?
Wait?
And pray?
All the time?

Would you remember me?
Would you search for me?
Would you seek me in lost words?
Would you find me in signs I may have left behind?

Would you feel?
Would you cry?
Would you smile?

Would you be sad and silent?
Would you be kind to yourself?
Would you care?
Would you be strong?
Would you go on?
Would you talk?
Would you pray even harder?

Would you still love me?
Even more?
Than before?

Would you light up the fire?
Would you blow it higher?
Would you have hope?
Woud you find me in the silence I left behind?

Would you build me a monument of love?
Yes, would you ...?!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten