Sow for yourself righteousness, reap the fruit of steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that He may come and rain salvation upon you (Hosea 10:12).

zaterdag 26 maart 2011

I believe

 I believe

In this modern world
of wealth and civilization,
science and individualism,
all men are supposed to be equal;
the secret of happiness
is to get what you really want,
and there is no God
because you cannot see him.

But when I look around me,
see the beauty of nature,
this little blue planet
in a majestic cosmos,
when I try to understand
the complexity of my body,
I do not have enough faith
to be an atheist.

Our world is a mystery
and it only exists
because there is no chaos,
but a complicated system
with so many different principles,
we are only beginning to comprehend
why we are able to live on this earth
That’s why I have to believe
in a mighty Designer of the universe,
who formed body and soul
and the miracle of life
with a certain purpose.

Yes, I also believe in an unseen world,
in life after life and long-term prophecy.

I believe in music and art,
I believe in truth and wisdom,
I believe in love and understanding,
as a mirror of eternal life.

I believe God came down
to live amongst us,
to serve a higher purpose.

I believe in the gift of nothing,
because being silent and empty,
listening to the words He left behind,
makes me trust Him,
every day of my fragile life.

I believe in God as a Father …

1 opmerking: